Middle Himalayan Motorcycle Tours
Uttarakhand is a state in northern India crossed by the Himalayas known for its Hindu pilgrimage sites along the holy rivers of Ganga & Yamuna. No words can ever be enough to perfectly describe this blessed land. Beauty is so inherent to almost all things Uttarakhand stands for – the magnanimous Himalayas, the holiest of the rivers, the spiritual mystery, stunning landscapes, the incessantly colorful play of nature, enchanting history carved in ancient stones, a mesmerizing floral and faunal plethora and the simplest of the people. Myths, anecdotes and stories are part of every visual that unfolds itself to the eyes of the beholder. Rishikesh, a major centre for yoga study, was made famous by the Beatles’ 1968 visit. The city hosts the evening Ganga Aarti, a spiritual gathering on the sacred Ganges River. The state’s forested Jim Corbett National Park shelters Bengal tigers and other native wildlife.
Today, these mountains are no longer restricted to the religious or the spiritual – as you shall find out when you ride a Royal Enfield amongst the highest mountainous terrains in the world.
Apart from being a unique tourism destination, Uttarakhand is a goldmine for anthropologists, historians, ornithologists, linguists, geologists … you name the discipline and the state has something on offer.
We decided to name this tour region “The Middle Himalayas” not only because of it’s geographical position somewhat in the middle of the Himalayan mountain range but also because we have designed an itinerary which stays within medium range altitudes of around 1500-2500 M above mean sea level. This region has some amazing roads for motorcyclists to enjoy riding as well offering spectacular views of the Himalayas and it’s habitat.
A quick look at what we offer on our tours:
- Motorcycle Tours in the region on Royal Enfield Himalayan 411 EFI Motorcycles (in immaculate condition)
- Completely hassle free journeys – we take care of all the “logistics” including “inner-line permits, Motorcycles, Accommodations, spares & gears, experienced support staff (Ride leader & mechanics) and support vehicles etc.
- All tours are ex-New Delhi so you can “arrive” and “depart” with convenience.
- Express Train journeys between New Delhi & Chandigarh
- Motorcycle riding starts/ends at the small hill town of Nahan – No need to deal with the heat, chaos & traffic of a big city
- Carefully selected local points of interest, sightseeing/ side-trips & cultural experiences.
- Meet & Greet and Farewell Add-on services
- Information & Assistance with onward travel
A 2-week itinerary of Uttarakhand’s most scenic routes in both the Garhwal & Kumaon regions of this beautiful hill state of India. Visit holy & historic Rishikesh, follow the banks of Ganges river, walk in wild life sanctuaries as well as soak in the spectacular views of High Himalayas from scenic locations of Kausani, Auli & Guptkashi.
- DRIVING LICENSE (Rider): Full and valid for min 411 cc motorcycle
- INTERNATIONAL DRIVING PERMIT (Rider): Obtain from your country of residence.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE: Must cover riding motorcycles overseas for leisure
- PROPER PROTECTIVE RIDING GLOVES – WINTER & SUMMER
- PROPER RIDING BOOTS - Preferably water-proof High Ankle
- RIDING JACKET + PANTS
- HELMET - We’d prefer if you brought your own
- RAIN-SUIT (Full) - if your riding gear is not water-proof
- RIDING GOGGLES
- BALACLAVA (to protect from dust & insects)
- EYE DROPS
- SUN SCREEN / SUN BLOCK AND LIP BALM
- THERMAL UNDERWEAR & WARM (WOOLEN) CAP
- INSECT REPELLENT
- MEDICINES/DRUGS (LEGAL) Carry prescriptions with you.
- OTHER PERSONAL CLOTHING
- ITEMS OF PERSONAL CARE & HYGIENE
- SLEEPING BAG/ LINER (if you are finicky about a used one)
- SUNGLASSES / SUN HAT
- WATER CARRIER/HYDRATION PACK
- SCARF / BANDANA (to protect face/neck)
- EAR PLUG
- YOUR FAVOURITE BOTTLE OF LIQUOR & COFFEE you might find Indian spirits & coffee "unsavoury"
Hence, we request that you limit your baggage to 25 KG.